We all struggle with things in life. Sometimes addiction is one of them. LGBTQ+ humans have a higher risk of developing drug and alcohol use disorders, so we wanted to share a guide with you for finding LGBTQ+ friendly resources.
Content warning: This external website guide may contain information that could be triggering to some humans struggling with mental health or substance abuse so please honor where you're at.
In this resource you'll find the following:
- causes of drug and alcohol abuse in the LGBTQ+ community
- barriers to care for LGBTQ+ individuals
- how to find an inclusive/LGBTQ+ treatment facility
- substance use trends in the LGBTQ+ community
- recovery resources for LGBTQ+ individuals
- a list of LGBTQ+ support hotlines
We hope that this is helpful information and we are so glad you're here.