There is a time and place for fast food. The time is not “always” and the place is never Carl’s Jr., but let’s be realistic, there are going to be moments where making yourself a home-cooked, perfectly rationed to fit your macros, meal isn’t possible. Fast food isn’t always as bad as people make it out to be, and more times than not there is something on the menu that will fit your macros.
Do I want you to go gorge on a Big Mac? No.
But in the moments you find yourself out and about and need to eat, I’d rather you to be prepared to make good decisions, instead of letting your rumbling stomach decide for you.
I’ve put together a list of some common fast food places along with things you can get that won’t kill your macros.
- Jr Roast Beef Sandwich 22C • 13P • 8F
- Prime-cut Chicken Tenders (3) 25C • 25P • 17F
- Chopped Farmhouse Salad with Roast Turkey 8C • 23P • 13F
- 12-count Grilled Nuggets 6C • 34P • 4.5F
- Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich 41C • 38P • 14F
- Asian Salad 24C • 29P • 3F
Guys. This one is a no-brainer. Basically everything on their menu is macro-friendly. MyFitnessPal also has their whole menu on there.
IN N OUT
- Hamburger Protein Style (wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun) 11C •13P • 17F
- Hamburger Mustard/Ketchup instead of spread (with bun) 41C • 16P • 10F
- Hamburger Protein Style with Mustard/Ketchup instead of spread 1C • 16P • 10F
JACK IN THE BOX
- Grilled Chicken Strips with Teriyaki Sauce 15C • 44P • 8F
- Egg White + Turkey Breakfast Sandwich 31C • 18P • 6F
- Chicken Club Salad with Grilled Chicken Strips 12C • 37P • 20F
- Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken 26C • 32P • 11F
- Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich 44C • 37P • 6F
- Egg White Delight McMuffin 8F • 30C • 18P
- Tip: You can add extra egg whites for 25g more Protein
- 6” Turkey Breast on wheat, no cheese 46C • 18P • 3.5F
- 6″ Steak, Egg White & Cheese 47C • 28P • 10F
- 6″ Roast Beef on wheat, no cheese 45C • 24P • 5F
Tip: anything can be made “Fresco-style” which reduces fat by at least 25%
- Fresco Soft Chicken Taco 16C • 10P • 3.5F
- Cantina Power Chicken Burrito 43C • 28P • 19F
- Grilled Breakfast Burrito – Fiesta Potato 43C • 10P • 14F
The biggest take away from this, is that even if you can’t make yourself a meal, it’s better to eat something rather than skip the meal all together.
Share your favorite macro-friendly fast food meal in the comments below!