1/4 cup mushrooms of choice; washed thoroughly and sliced
1 golden beet; washed and sliced
1 regular beet; washed and sliced
1 green bell pepper; washed and sliced
1/2 yellow onion; peeled and sliced
1 small sweet potato; washed and sliced
1/2 cup beet leaves; washed and chopped
1/2 cup brown rice
2 cups vegetable broth
cilantro for garnish
Seasonings: curry powder, turmeric, cumin, cracked red pepper flakes
- In a medium sized pot, combine brown rice and 1 cup vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, add 1 cup vegetable broth and combine all washed and chopped vegetables. Cook on medium heat.
- Add all seasonings and cook for 10-12 minutes on medium heat
- When rice is ready, drain and add to plate or bowl.
- Serve up with vegetables on top and garnish with cilantro!