1 cup quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth
1 sweet potato
kale and spinach leaves; handful of each
1 can pinto beans; drained & rinsed
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 slab extra firm tofu; drained and chopped into cubes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup water
- In a medium sized pot, bring vegetable broth and quinoa to a boil; once boiled, cover and bring down to a simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed
- While quinoa is cooking, slice and dice up all vegetables and be sure beans are drained and rinsed. Allow tofu to dry out; let it sit on a paper towel.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add olive oil and heat on medium heat. Add garlic, red onion and sweet potato first, cook for 2 minutes or until sweet potato begins to brown.
- Add all other vegetables besides kale and spinach. Add tofu. Cook for 1 minute and then add water
- Bring down to a simmer and cover
- Once quinoa is finished, uncover and stir so quinoa does not stick to the bottom
- Add spinach and kale to vegetables and cook until wilted
- Combine with quinoa into a bowl and serve up!
Perfect for meal prep to take with you on the go! Doesn’t even require to be re-heated if you don’t have access to a microwave for lunch.