piece sourdough bread
1/2 ripe avocado
1-2 thick slices of tomato
1 egg; soft-boiled
~ 2 cups water
dash sea salt/black pepper
- Pour water into small pot and gently place your egg on the bottom. Bring water to a boil.
- Once water begins to boil, turn off heat, cover and set timer for 4 minutes.
- While water is heating, toast your bread
- Once bread is toasted, mash your avocado on top using a fork and add sliced tomato
- When timer goes off for the egg, bring to the sink and let run under cold water for about 30 seconds
- Gently peel shell and continue to run under cold water periodically; repeat until all shell is off
- Egg will be very slippery! Use steady hands. Be sure no shell pieces remain and then place on top of toast. Sprinkle with salt/pepper and enjoy!