1 small brick extra firm tofu, sliced into cubes
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup sliced red cabbage
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 roma tomato, sliced & diced
2 small stalks of asparagus, sliced
1 large bell pepper, any color
Dash of seasonings: curry powder, turmeric, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat up olive oil on medium heat
- Combine onion, tomato and asparagus and allow to cook 3-4 minutes
- Add tofu and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, fill a pot about 3/4 of the way with water and bring to a boil. Place your bell pepper in once water begins to boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Once bell pepper is slightly softened, take out of pot and place onto a cutting board. Slice off the top and take out seeds. Place hollow pepper onto a plate.
- In your skillet, add red cabbage and already cooked brown rice to the mixture and stir. Add in all of your seasonings, stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Scoop mixture into your hollowed bell pepper and serve! Great for packing a few all at once and then taking them for lunch for the next day or for enjoying for dinner again!