1 package of gluten-free pasta – cooked according to instructions on package
1 cup raw cashews – BE SURE TO SOAK THEM OVERNIGHT PRIOR TO COOKING
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped and minced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Olive oil, 2-3 Tbsp
½ cup water
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon turmeric, paprika & cayenne pepper
Salt/pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of water to a boil, sprinkle in salt. Once it has reached a rolling boil, pour in gluten free pasta noodles and cook according to instructions on package.
2. Meanwhile, sauté garlic and onion and olive oil in a small skillet until just about to become translucent. Add in balsamic vinegar and paprika, salt and pepper if you’d prefer.
3. Combine garlic & onion mixture, olive oil, water, SOAKED cashews, seasonings, and nutritional yeast in a high-speed blunder or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy!
4. For this, I sautéed a few vegetables that I had already in the house. This specific recipe has chopped collard greens, tomato and zucchini.
5. Hopefully, your pasta should be al dente by now! Drain out that pasta and add it back to the large pot. Combine veggies and “cheese” sauce. Stir and mix thoroughly until blended and then serve!