August 2017: Center for Transgender Equality
At Only Human, we support humans of all kinds and sizes, identities, and sexual preferences. In honor of #transawareness, we're coming together to shine a light on the issues that affect the trans community and other non-conforming humans. It's more important now than ever to help educate friends, family, and loved ones who may not quite understand that gender is complicated and isn't a label that can be easily slapped on a human.
We stand strong with all trans humans and will always be here to support the community, help increase, visibility, and make anyone and everyone feel as if they have a home here at Only Human.
If you're looking to actively participate in #transawareness, here are a few ideas on how to get involved or interact with the cause:
- Use your voice to compassionately and kindly educate people on topics related to gender and the members of the transgender community.
- Help others better understand how to address humans that identify outside of a binary structure using pronouns.
- Look for local events such as candlelight vigils to gather with allies and other supportive members of the community in a safe environment.
- Share your story regarding gender non-conformity with other non-judgmental humans through our Stories platform.
- Make a commitment to keep up with issues that impact the trans community.
We are all equal. We are all human.
In August 2017, we're donating 10% of shop profits to the National Center for Transgender Equality.