Sunday Scaries, the anxiety that brews as the weekend comes to a close, is a common ailment. However, with a dash of intention and a sprinkle of community, you can transform those dreary Sunday vibes. Here are five ways to kick the Sunday Scaries to the curb, inspired by the community-centered ethos of Only Human.Connect with Others:
- Reach out and share: Spend some time connecting with friends, family, or fellow members of the Only Human community. A simple conversation can shift your focus from the looming week ahead to the present moment.
- Wear your heart: Don a shirt or order a new one from Only Human that resonates with your feelings or thoughts. It’s a conversation starter and a way to find like-minded souls who share your ethos.
- Meetup: Find local groups sharing your interests
- Only Human Community: Connect with others who celebrate being human together.
- Dress your mood: Select a shirt from Only Human that voices your inner thoughts or feelings. It's a form of self-expression that can also spark meaningful interactions with others.
- Creative outlets: Explore other avenues of self-expression too, like writing, painting, or music. Expressing yourself creatively can provide a sense of release and joy.
- Etsy: Discover unique items to express yourself.
- Pinterest: Find inspiration for your next creative project.
- Mindful moments: Engage in mindfulness practices like meditation or yoga. They can help center your mind, easing the anxiety that often accompanies the end of the weekend.
- Nature walks: Take a stroll in the great outdoors and soak in the natural beauty. It’s a simple way to practice mindfulness and appreciate the present moment.
- Create a gratitude jar: This simple practice can significantly shift your perspective. Every Sunday, jot down something you’re grateful for on a piece of paper and place it in a jar. Over time, you’ll accumulate a jar full of positive reminders.
- Reflect on the good: Whenever you’re feeling the Sunday Scaries creeping in, reach into your gratitude jar and read a few notes. It’s a gentle reminder of the good in your life.
- Tiny Buddha: Explore articles on gratitude.
- Gratitude app: A simple app to jot down daily gratitudes.
Plan Your Week:
- Organize ahead: Take some time on Sunday to plan out your week. A well-organized schedule can alleviate the anxiety of the unknown.
- Use digital tools: Tools like Google Calendar or planners like the Passion Planner can help you structure your week, making the transition into Monday smoother.
- Google Calendar: Organize your week digitally.
- Passion Planner: A paper planner to map out your goals and schedule.
Pursue a Hobby:
- Dive into passion: Immerse yourself in a hobby you love. It’s not only a great distraction from the Sunday Scaries but also a fulfilling way to spend your time.
- Learn and grow: Whether it’s reading a new book, trying a new recipe, or picking up a new instrument, learning something new can be invigorating and can take your mind off the impending week.
- Coursera: Explore new hobbies and learn new skills.
- Goodreads: Discover books and connect with other readers.
Combatting the Sunday Scaries doesn’t have to be a solo mission. With the community-centric spirit of Only Human, you can connect, express, and find joy in the simple things as you transition into the new week. So, the next time Sunday rolls around, embrace these tips and make the day count!